What we’re listening to
Title by Meghan Trainor 🎶
The song that’s dominated TikTok charts with its catchy beat and easy-to-follow dance movements has been stuck in our heads all month long. Check out our TikToks to see what we’re kissing goodbye to this month. 😉
Emily in Paris 📺
Even though the new season was released in late December, we’re catching up on both seasons 1 and 2 of our favorite fish out of water as she fashionably strolls the picturesque Parisian streets. The feel-good warmth of this show is just what we need in cold and gray January.
After all the indulgent treats, heavy meals, and boozy drinks of the holiday season our bodies are craving some healthy greens! Did you know veggies like brussel sprouts, broccoli, kale and cabbage are all in season right now? Do yourself a favor and add some vitamin-packed greens to your diet this month, even if it's just a handful of kale in your morning smoothie. Your body and skin will thank you for it!
What we’re sipping
Infused water 💧🍋🍓🌿
We’re all guilty of a little (or a lot) of over-indulging during the holidays and now our bodies are suffering for it in January. We know we sound like a broken record telling you to drink more water because it’s good for your skin (it is!) but it’s also good at keeping your mood up too! January tends to be the coldest, grayest month of the year, and dehydration can contribute to your foul mood. Since we’re always trying to hydrate more, this month we encourage you to try one of our infused water recipes to step up your hydration game and encourage you to slurp more H2O throughout the day, (and actually enjoy it!)
*To make the water grab a pitcher that will fit in your fridge and fill it with cold water. Slice up and add the extras of your choice and leave the water to infuse for at least 10 minutes. Pour yourself glasses of water throughout the day and top up with additional water added to the pitcher as needed throughout the day. At the end of the day toss or eat the leftover ingredients and try a new recipe tomorrow!
After the busy festivities of December, it’s ok to take some time for yourself to rest and recuperate from an overwhelming and overstimulating holiday season. Like the trees that go dormant and the animals that go into hibernation, sometimes we also need to hole up and hide from the world for a while to restore our minds and bodies. Don’t feel bad about using this month to say “No” to activities and plans that will stress you out rather than rejuvenate you. It’s ok to take a break and know that you deserve to rest.
Organize the home 🏠
If you haven’t taken down your holiday decorations yet, now is the time to do it! While you’re at it, take this time to organize and remove clutter from your home so you can start the year with a fresh and clean palate. Here are 10 easy things you can do to jumpstart your tidying.
- Clean out your junk drawer. Old papers, receipts, junk mail, dead batteries…get rid of them!
- Go through your medicine cabinet and get rid of all expired meds. Restock any essentials needed like KubWipes!
- Clean out your makeup bag. Throw out any expired makeup or things you don’t use.
- Clean out your sock drawer. Get rid of holey and unmatched socks (you’re never going to find them). Pro tip: Add a DIY fabric freshener using KubWipes to your drawer!
- Clean out your bra and underwear drawer. Say goodbye to the holey items and pieces that simply don’t fit anymore.
- Clean out your shower shelf. Only keep what you use regularly and get rid of the rest (including that empty conditioner bottle you keep forgetting to toss).
- Clean out your fridge. Throw out leftovers from over a week and wash all the shelves. Make note of any staples you need to buy.
- Clean out your pantry. Get rid of expired items, stale chips or cookies and organize items neatly so you can see everything.
- Clean out your phone. Organize the apps you use most on the main page and create folders for the rest.
- Clean out your car! Ok, this is technically outside the home, but do it anyway! Clean out the empty water bottles, dirty masks, receipts and crumbs and treat yourself to a drive-through car wash. Pro tip: Keep a box of 100% Cotton Dry Wipes in your car for all those unexpected moments you wish you had a wipe.
"The beginning is the most important part of the work." -Plato. 💙
Many people make New Year’s Resolutions but most do not follow through with them. Sometimes the hardest part is getting started. If you made a resolution to drink more water, go for more walks, or stick to a facial cleansing routine, start today! You won’t regret it!
National Hug Day is January 21st. 🤗
Although not an official public holiday, National Hug day is the day exactly between Christmas and Valentine’s Day where many of us are feeling down and could use a hug. Especially during a pandemic when physical and social distancing is commonplace, it’s nice to have an excuse to hug your loved ones, even if you have to wear a mask to do it. Did you know hugging actually has health benefits too? Hugging has been shown to decrease stress levels, boost immune health and improve both psychological and physical well-being. Go on and hug someone today!
Trick to try
DIY Redness Reduction
Have you ever experienced redness after plucking your eyebrows or exfoliating your face? When you don’t have time to wait for redness to go down, a simple DIY solution is to soak a KubWipes 100% Cotton Dry Wipe in milk, then wring it out and place it on the red zone of your face. Let it sit for 5-10 minus, then rinse your face with cold water. Milk has natural anti-inflammatory properties that will soothe the inflamed area and have you looking your best in no time!
*Note: Not recommended for lactose intolerant people or people with other dairy allergies.
We hope you give some of our January favorites a try. Tag us on social media @kubwipes showing our wipes and your favorite tip and you could score an exclusive deal. To learn more beauty, skincare, and lifestyle hacks, follow us on Instagram and TikTok, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter by entering your email on our website to stay up to date on special offers and product news.